We are looking for a hard-working vendor manager to assist our company in making sound purchasing decisions. Responsibilities include monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies, attending company meetings, and informing new vendors of their responsibilities. You should also be able to cancel vendor contracts should company vendors fail to perform adequately.
To be successful as a vendor manager, you should be detail-oriented and adept at negotiating vendor contracts. Ultimately, an outstanding vendor manager should be able to multitask effectively as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Vendor Manager Responsibilities
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services,
negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best
pricing and product quality.
- Continually monitoring sales trends to determine which products are more popular
- Implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
- Conducting interviews with new vendors and informing approved vendors of their
responsibilities and obligations.
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors.
- Evaluating current vendor management programs and identifying ways to improve
Vendor Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience working as a vendor manager -in Core Mechanical Industry.
- Valid drivers licence.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel for work.
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.